Saturday, November 26, 2011

Taiwan 2011 - Itinerary

2011 marked my first trip to Taiwan. It was one of my fondest memories, mostly because it was my first adventure overseas since my school trip in JC2 and the fact that shopping was a real blast! =) I didn't manage to cover a lot of tourist spots on this trip since I am a rather lazy traveller and preferred to do things at a more leisurely pace but here is my free & easy itinerary to share with you.

I was there from October 30 to November 5 2011. The weather then was mostly gloomy and rainy, with bouts of blue skies from time to time. But the shopping was great, especially for beauty staples like face masks from brands such as Lovemore and My Beauty Diary as well as cosmetics. I bought 7 boxes of Lovemore facemasks from Cosmed, a beauty outlet that is pretty prevalent in and around the area. Watsons, too, has bigger outlets that consist of a few storeys.

Day 1:
  • exploring and shopping in the underground metro mall around the Taipei Main Station near Hope Hotel
  • Shida Night Market
Day 2:
  • Ximending (morning) 
  • Taipei 101 (afternoon)
  • Villa 32 for hot spring soak and dinner (evening)
Day 3:
  • Area near Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall MRT to visit a friend
  • Walked around the area near Zhongxiao Fuxing and Zhongxiao Dunhua
  • Maokong Gondola
  • Shilin Night Market
Day 4:
  • Set off for Jiufen
  • Night Market at Jiufen
Day 5:
  • Gold Ecological Park/Jinguashi
  • Night Market at Jiufen 
Day 6:
  • Went back to Taipei (Hope Hotel)
  • Shopped around the metro underground mall at Taipei Main Station and nearby Daiso for kicks



Conclusion? I would definitely go back to visit again, perhaps this time to visit some flower farms! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment